Sunday, December 2, 2012

iTunes University

I learned something new...



Thanks to Cathleen Richardson, I have learned how to create a course in iTunes University and send it to my students.  Tomorrow will be the first time I try it with my students.  I created two courses; one for social studies and one for math.  I can't wait to see how well it works.  I am anticipating one problem, but I think I should be able to solve it relatively easily.

In an iTunes U course, you can write out the information they may need to start the unit and then you can attach specific things to an assignment.  For example, if I want them to use a video, a document and then have them use Notability to complete the assignment, I can attach all three, including the app!  It seems like a great way to set up a unit and lays it out nicely.  The students can even take notes within the course.  The only thing you can't do is have them submit anything to you from within the course.

Stay tuned...

http://www.apple.com/education/itunes-u/

No comments:

Post a Comment